So because we are so boring we are posting some interesting facts!
1. 46% of USDA approved "fruits and vegetables" kids eat these days are ketchup and French fries.
2. 71% of our American veterans are overweight and most of the amputations that veterans suffer are not war related but are obesity and diabetes related.
3. The leading cause of obesity is a confluence of factors.
* No Child Left Behind legislation leaving physical education and nutrition classes by the wayside.
* The USDA feeds kids the most unhealthy, greasy food imaginable
* The ubiquity of junk food advertising
* Vending machines in schools
* Soda pop
* The internet
* The societal acceptance of things like Taco Bell's "fourth meal."
4. In regards to global warming
If every American lost one pound this year, we'd use 39 million gallons less than last year. And the food and agricultural system in the United States uses as much as 20% of our nations fossil fuel supply. It's because our food travels so far to get processed and then it travels even further to get to us when we should be buying as much food locally as possible.