Sunday, June 9, 2013

Define Yourself Tumble and Cheer Est. 2013

We not only moved to San Tan Valley but we opened Define Yourself Tumble and Cheer. It has been my dream to start a gym, so much so I have over 20 notebooks with just drawing of how I would design my gym, what classes I would have and so on. If any of you know me you know that I have tried many things and always seem to quit them but coaching has been a part of my life since I was 16. After all Trey proposed to me at Arizona Heat, he knew it was a part of me. So with my amazing family by my side we decided to embark on the journey. We have a 5,000 square foot gym, tumble trak, bar, low beam that Trey and I made, cheer floor, bounce house and a ton of weights. I honestly feel like a kid in a candy shop. I have now been open for about 2 1/2 months, I have a Senior, Youth and Tiny cheer team and a few schools that I am choreographing for as well as some great kiddos for tumbling and other recreation classes we offer. I am reminded everyday why I have this gym........to invest in children's lives! I get the opportunity to coach amazing girls, girls who have had to deal with their mom/dad passing away or who are trying to figure out who they are. I want my gym to be that place, I want it to be a second home and family. I am excited with what's in store for us... and of course I want to kick butt and win competitions..... "A girl is not defined by what her society sees, A girl is defined by what she sees inside for herself" "Play a sport, it will teach you how to win honorably, lose gracefully, respect authority, work with others, manage your time, stay strong and out of trouble, and of course... Learn really cook flips!

1 comment:

Ina said...

Your post is beautiful, Jenna. It brought tears to my eyes as I was reading it. We are so proud of you. You are amazing. There is a lot of talent, fire, dedication, determination, love, and inspiration packed into your little (but oh so fit) body. You have definitely "refined yourself" and realizing your dream will continue to do so. Kudos to Trey for supporting your dream and helping you every step of the way. And, of course, Montana and Harlee are loving it.
We love your family so much.